CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sharing the Scrapping Spirit

I seem to be spending most of my time lately scrapping for competitions and other people...so this past weekend I made a point of doing a layout for me!

I am really happy with how this layout came together. I found a sketch for it on an Amercian scrapping site a while ago. They had used different coloured cardstocks and while I liked the look of it...plain cardstock is just not doing it for me anymore!

I am so loving the new Fancy Pants papers and I think this sketch has worked fantastically using them. I was surprised at how quick this all came together...the most time consuming part was sticking all those jewels down.

I love this photo of Lolly, she is changing so much at the moment, and while I can see my little girl slipping away...I love catching glimpses of the teen she is rapidly becoming.

I also used the leftovers from my Scrap Therapy pack to create another LO. It's a little funkier than what I would normally do but once again I am happy with how it came together.

The flowers on the Chloes Closet papers were just screaming to be cut out and the colors matched her shirt perfectly!

I have a whole set of photos taken of Lolly on this day, she was dancing around our lounge room with her friend Karlee. They had just finished watching the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory dvd and they were doing the Oompa Loompa dance along. They were giggling so much and really getting into it...I love how at this age they are still so "free" and totally now self concious about how they act. They live in the moment and don't care what anyone esle thinks....its sad knowing that all that is coming to an end! I'll just need to make sure I scrap enough of it to be able to hold on to this age a little longer.




I also managed to make it through another round of Chookscraps Survivor! We lost a lot of really good scrappers this week and I was more than a little shocked that I made it through this round. The competition is tough!

I love this weeks challenge though....it inculded allllll the things I love to use/do in scrappping, and as soon as I read it I knew what I was going to do. The challenge was to create a layout using at least six of the following items: Stitching Undressed chipboard Rubons Vintage Inking Vellum Oval shapes Ribbons. I managed to use all eight on my layout! For some reason it won't show up here as anything other than a thumbnail picture...so if you care to look you can see it here.... http://www.chookscrapsscrapbooking.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=18&pos=1

1 comments:

Jini said...

Totally love the LO's Jibii!. Your survivor one is devine - and you soooo should still be there! Never ever doubt that, your a legend.