CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Little Scrapping....

These past two weeks have been spent catching up on circle calendars and journals with a little scrapping thrown in for myself. I'll share the LO's that I have done for me as the circle calendars are surprises for their owners.

SHE: This LO was done for a challenge at EMM. You had to use hand cut patterned paper as a feature on the page. The Basic Grey Gypsy range is the perfect paper for this sort of challenge.

The title and journalling on this LO are taken from the Elvis Costello song "She". I love this song...it reminds me of how I feel about these two wonderful girls I share my life with.





Laugh: This was another challenge at EMM. You needed to use at least 10 different ribbons and the word laugh somewhere on the page.

I love this photo of the girls...last October I started a tradition of photographing them in black and white wearing plain tees and just being themselves. Trying to get them to have a photo taken together though is a real challenge. One of them is always being silly or frowning or something. The quote...that is what it's like in our house at the moment!

Memory: This LO covered two competitions. I have used one of the beautiful September Chookscraps Packs to complete it, it was a LO that I was struggling with, until the EMM crop. You needed to use a photo that was more that 10 years old and a tag. The photo is of Crocket and his sister K, it was taken at our wedding all those years ago. I was really struggling with scrapping this photo as it was the last time we saw Kelly. I wanted to journal but couldn't, but trying to find a quote that fitted was hard too. I'm happy with this though, and Crocket likes this page, and thats what matters most.



Make Each Moment Count: This is my Chookscraps Survivor LO. We had an ad that we had to take inspiration from. This was my take on it...I'm not sure I am entirely happy with it. To me if feels like something is missing from the page, but I am not sure what. It took me a long time to do..and I put it down and picked it up a few times.

I am not sure I will get to much further in this competition....actually I'd be surprised if I made it through this round. If not, I've had fun doing it and it has been a challenge.



Sweet: This LO was made using the fantastic new pack from Scrap Therapy. This was just a quick LO, that I scraplifted from a LO that I saw online somewhere. The patterned paper and colors are different but the design is the same, and the best thing is I still have heaps of paper left to make another LO.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

All fabulous LO's I love em...especially the scraptherapy one LOL kidding. I am sure you will go through survivor that LO is awesome

another_angel said...

As usual, your LOs inspire me. Your talent always shines through, Sue! Keep scrapping, sweets. :)
~A~

Jini said...

Your work is so beautiful Jibii. They are super LO's. Love the laugh one the most I think - the pic is so natural and gorgeous. Great tradition.

Anonymous said...

wow girlie they are some seriously gorgeous layouts..Hmmm now that ive caught up on your blog, id like to ask have you applied for the DT??
And has you lap top arrived yet??
Fran